The ProPrint Group are responsible to protect and keep secure any personal data you provide in accordance with the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
This policy explains how your personal data is collected, stored and handled securely according to data protection laws, through your use of our website, signing up for our newsletter or by ordering products direct with our office team.
The ProPrint Group may need to amend this Policy to align with changes to our website or services, our business, or laws applicable to us and you.
We commit to respect the privacy of all our customers. We will work to advise customers by email (as held by us in your Personal Data) of any significant changes that impact their rights under this Policy.
What data does the ProPrint Group collect?
When you use our website or services, to process your enquiry we need to collect personal data which could be used to identify you (personal data), as well as some information where your identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Data collected when you order by email or by phone:
- Identity Data including first and last name
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address and email address
- Financial Data if you are a paying customer, including bank account and payment details
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Customer content including text, documents or other content you provide to us in connection with your use of our services.
- Artwork including all artwork or images you provide to us for the sole purpose of producing your printed products.
Data collected when you sign up for our newsletter:
- Identity Data including first and last name
- Contact Data email address only
Data collected automatically by our website:
- Cookies, a small file that asks permission to be stored on your hard drive. With agreement to the cookie notice on the website, the cookie will analyse web traffic, allowing web applications to view and tailor to your preferences based on your browsing activity.
- Geographical Data if you have enabled location settings on your device, allowing us to see locations our website is being accessed from.
- Log Data as collected by most Internet sites subject to your settings, such as IP address, cookie data, browser type, languages used and dates and times of use.
- Usage Data including user activity on specific pages and which links are clicked on, enabling us to understand customer needs and optimise our website.
How does the ProPrint Group use data?
The ProPrint Group only uses data according to the law to carry out our service to you, and for our legitimate business interests, for example…
- to perform the contract we will soon enter or have entered into with you.
- to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- to help us administrate our site and services.
- to communicate with you about our site or services.
- to send email marketing to customers who have provided consent.
- to ensure customers have access to their own data or artwork.
Does the ProPrint Group share data?
We will only share Personal Data to a third party should any of the following apply…
- Where we have your clear permission to share your data
- Where we are required by law
- Where we use a service provider for operational business needs, such as to carry out IT, system email administration and data analytics.
Any service provider to the ProPrint Group is not permitted to use your data for their own purposes. Service providers may only access, process and store data according to specific instructions from the ProPrint Group as well as data protection laws.
How does the ProPrint Group store and secure data?
The ProPrint group takes data protection seriously, and has security measures in place in line with GDPR to ensure data is secure.
Industry standard encryption (SSL) is used to protect your data in transit online, although data transmission is always at your own risk.
The ProPrint Group limits access to your data to only those employees, contractors or 3rd parties who have a legitimate business need to know, and who are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Data is managed through our bespoke system that uses procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
For how long does the ProPrint Group keep data?
We will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for up to 6 years after they cease being customers for tax and legal purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data, please contact us if you wish us to delete your data.
Your rights to manage the data we collect from you…
There are specific rights that you have relating to your Personal Data, Content and Artwork:
- The right to be informed about how your Personal Data is collected and used
- The right to be informed about how your Content and Artwork is stored
- The right to access the Personal Data we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of Personal Data we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your Personal Data
- The right to stop direct marketing messages
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK via the Data protection complaints website or the Information Commissioner’s Office via their helpline: 0303 123 1113
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details set out further below, as we would like to help.
Who to contact about data…
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Unit 7, Morris Close, Park Farm Industrial Estate, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 6XF
You do not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if a request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We aim to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.